Friday, July 6, 2018

July 7 Ride - It's All About The 30's

First the good news. Rider numbers are consistently averaging in the mid 30s. It's one of the great things about FOG; rain or shine you can pretty much always count on a great group of people to ride with.

The not so great news; tomorrow will be one of the hottest rides we've ever had. High for the day is 35C with a humidex of 46. It will already be 26C by the time the ride starts and into the 30s (humidex 40) before it ends. I strongly recommend that you bring 3 bottles. Yeah I know, a 3rd bottle in the jersey pocket feels a little awkward at first, but you'll get used to it quickly and you're certainly not going to need to fill up any pockets with warmers or a jacket.

And... it's the start of Le Tour. Truth be told I find the Giro and Vuelta far more interesting nowadays, but it is still the biggest race in the world. I'd normally encourage you to wear some kit appropriate to the tour, but tomorrow I think I'd concentrate on the coolest jersey you have.

No comments: