A message from Gary Edwards:
THANK YOU
I would like to thank everyone who called, visited, or otherwise passed on their encouragement both during my hospital stay and since my return home. The card was great as well and really appreciated. I also want to thank again the people at the scene who helped out - especially Dave F who tried to keep the blood from all coming out. I get faint at the sight of blood, so I would probably be pretty useless in the same circumstances.
We have tried to address safety concerns as a club, but accidents (hopefully not like this one) will still happen. I think everyone knows how important a helmet is, but I would also like to put in a good word for quality sunglasses – they do more than just protect against UV. Without the helmet, I would probably be dead, but the sunglasses may have saved my eye.
I have just had my first post hospital check and x-ray: it seems that the back brace is working and that no surgery will be required. I may be getting out of the brace three weeks earlier than expected - one advantage of being fit is that you recover more quickly than most people. Considering the nature of the accident I am apparently very fortunate.
I will (hopefully) see everyone at a FOG ride by September.
Gary
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment