Monday, May 31, 2010

Stony Mountain Criterium - Vounteers Needed

The first FOG event of the year is the Stony Mountain Criterium next Tuesday June 8th. With the help of fabulous FOG volunteers, Marc Fournier has organized this event for the past six years running. It is the longest continuously running road race in Manitoba. Although not all FOG members participate in races, we all know that racing and in particular MCA races have a trickle down effect that benefit us all in terms of better equipment, public awareness resulting in increased acceptance and increased safety of cyclists, active transportation initiatives, etc.

If you are able to volunteer or are interested in taking part, please see the attached information from Marc.

I will be looking for 9 course marshals. They need to arrive by 6:30 PM. I also appreciate any help I can get with course set-up which starts at 5:00 PM. The attached volunteer info form and participant provides the additional information for those who are interested in competing.
Marc.

If you can volunteer please email Marc at 99fournier@mts.net99 (remove the digits)

No comments: