Thanks to all those who attended and for the wonderful contributions to the discussion.
Your directors for the 2016 season:
President: Gary Edwards
Treasurer/Vice-President: Mike Payment
Road Director: Gary Sewell
Membership Director: Anne-Marie Palfreeman
Merchandise Manager: Howard Ryant
It was wonderful to see Rene out to the meeting. For many years Rene has worn many hats in the club including being VP/Treasurer/Membership Director/Secretary and Merchandise Director simultaneously. Rene has retired from the board and looks forward to seeing everyone out on the rides next year. His retirement from the board leaves an opening for club secretary. Please contact Gary Edwards if you have an interest in that role.
Rides 2016
I will be forming a working group on rides. We will 1) consider our needs, 2) perhaps the trickier task of how to achieve them. Stay tuned.
Fitness
I definitely wasn't the fastest in FOG, but I had a pretty decent change in form compared to the last couple of years. A number of you have asked me what special training I did this past winter. There wasn't really any huge hours or big secrets. I only rode 2 or 3 times a week, but I was quite specific about what I did. Thoughts on training have evolved considerably in recent years. That provides a convenient segue to the next topic.
Web Site
I've summarized some of those modern thoughts on what to consider in the off-season and will post them on the new FOG website. The web site is still a work in progress. Most of the pages are just place holders, but you can find it here if you want to take a peak. The physiology stuff will start appearing here in the next few days.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment