Number of riders: 43
Start Temp: 11C
Finish Temp: 18C
Wind: WSW 8-15
The pace was brisk from the start and we had to hold the group back a bit on the way to Lockport. We split into two groups in Lockport; about 23 in the fast group who covered the rest of the route averaging about 40 kph and the remander in the regular group. I had to cut my ride short and miss BHP, but at 204 and Hwy 44 the majority of the fast group waited for the regular group before pressing on to BHP.
A number of riders started the ride with jackets and were way too warm. The ideal dress for the day was jersey, shorts, maybe thin undervest, knee warmers and arm warmers to start, with the knee and arm warmers coming off by Selkirk.
Look at the forecast for the day, the start temp, the high for the day, and whether it will be sunny or not. At this time of year a cloudy day will be quite cook, but a sunny day will get hot quite quickly.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not that it matters, but I was with the fast group until just past the Selkirk power plant. After letting fast group go, I slowed to an average of about 25k, waiting for reg group, until hwy 44. Met Giles there. Regular group came in about 5 min. later. They had stopped to help Roland a bit with a flat just after big bridge, I think. So I think that's why they took more time to catch-up to me. But, aside from Giles, there were no fast group riders by the time I got to 44.
Post a Comment