Saturday, August 15, 2009

2009 Manitoba Cyclocross Schedule

I'm considered a roadie, but in truth I enjoy cyclocross much more. It's like being a kid all over again and it re-invigorates my love for cycling every year.

#1 - Aug. 30 - Crescent Drive Park
#2 - Sept. 19 - Kings Park
#3 - Sept. 26 - CMU
#4 - Oct. 4 - Bourkevale/Bruce Park
#5 - Oct. 10 - Belgian Club
#6 - Oct. 18 - Altona
#7 - Oct. 25 - Whittier Park
Provincials - Nov. 1 - Woodhaven
#8 - Nov. 8 - Kildonan Park

Races #3 and #6 have event insurance so anyone can race.
Races #1,2,4, and 6 are afternoon races.
Race #7 is FOG's race.

Although everyone tries to open up the sport to more and more people, the local cyclocross organizers in particular have a rich tradition of going out of their way to try to achieve this. Some exciting news will be announced soon about some fantastic prizes for participation and some huge news to make it easy for those without a licence to race.

2 comments:

Tim Turenne said...

YEA! Bring it on and I'll bring my new SS!

Payment Family said...

Watching this video it looks like there was only one obstacle to overcome. Ours look harder than that one did. Not that I have ridden either one!