Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Robberies of Cyclists in Birds Hill Park

My car was robbed in Birds Hill Park on Sunday morning at about 11:50 a.m. The front passenger side window was smashed. I was going to a meeting afterward so I had clothes in a small travel bag that the thief grabbed together with a backpack of cycling gear. I had locked my wallet in the glove compartment. In retrospect that was the worst place to hide it. It probably took him about two seconds to jimmy it open with a crow bar. According to Park Police and the RCMP there have been a string of robberies at BHP in recent weeks, including on busy days. It just so happens that I probably saw the thief and car that did it. It’s a small silver 4 door, like a Nissan Sentra or Kia. I will post more as I get time later today.

No comments: