Sunday, May 31, 2015

23 Days Of Italia - Day 23

It's the end of one of the most exciting Grand Tours in recent history and it concludes in Milano.

Some parts of journeys you plan to the nth degree and some you kind of fly by the seat of your pants...
From Alex: These are from the start of the 2013 Milan San Remo race. I was taking thetrain into downtown Milan having just landed from an overnight flight from Singapore. I knew the timing would be tight and that the race went by the train station...someplace. I had about 5 min from when I got out of the station to these guys going by...




2 or 3 minutes and just like that it's over. 



Some more of Alex's photos of Milan:



Funny, for a country that so worships bike racing, I rarely saw bikes in actual use; the only two times were other groups of tourists.

No comments: